The Center for State and Local Finance has added two-day special sessions covering a range of public finance topics to its 2016-2017 executive education program.
- Forecasting -- This class covers revenue forecasting techniques and application. Dates: June 16-17. Deadline: June 9.
- Cost Analysis -- This class introduces students to concepts, data and skills needed to perform cost analysis. Dates: Aug. 11-12. Deadline: Aug. 4.
In addition, CSLF's series of six core courses will also be available. Participants who wish to register for the full year of core classes must do so by July 6, 2016.
This will be the third year that CSLF has offered in-depth training tailored for chief financial officers and those who aspire to be chief financial officers.
Our courses focus on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that public finance leaders need to advance in the field and inspire good governance, going beyond basic content knowledge.
2016-2017 course options include:
· · June 16-17: Forecasting (Special Session)
· · July 13-15: Treasury and investment management
· · Aug. 11-12: Cost Analysis (Special Session)
· · Sept. 21-23: Debt management
· · Nov. 1-4: Operating and capital budgeting
· · Feb. 6-8: Leadership
· · March 7-10: Government financial statements and accounting
· · May 17-19: Retirement, risk management and procurement
Space is limited, so early registration is advised. As a special bonus, public-sector employees receive a 30 percent discount on tuition. For more information and to register, visit our website at cslf.gsu.edu/training or contact us at email@example.com or 404-413-0098.