- What is your current job title? Cleveland Finance Officer
- How long have you been in the position? 25 years
- How did you decide to go into local government finance? When a position came open in the city, a few community leaders felt I would be a good fit for the city and encouraged me to apply for the position.
- What is the best part about being in local government finance? Why? I have a passion for working with numbers and problem solving. I like working with department heads and helping them keep their budgets in line.
- Describe your organization and department. We are a small city and have a small staff. I am the only person who works in the finance department with the city clerk as backup and to validate work.
- What do you love about your community? I have lived in Cleveland my whole life. It has changed quite a bit over the last 30 years but it is still considered small town to me. Everyone works and pulls together when something needs to be done.
- Describe your annual budget process. Developing the budget is not much different than what other cities and counties do, such as receiving input and budgets from department heads, providing revenue and expenditure data from the previous year, and providing all the resources needed to develop a balanced budget. Throughout the budget year, I provide revenue and expenditures data to department heads and the Mayor and Council for review.
- Tell us something not many people know about you. I love to roller skate.
- What is your passion outside of the ledger? I love spending time with my children, my granddaughter, and my family. I also enjoy going to the beach, camping, whitewater rafting, anything to do with the outdoors.
GGFOA Communications Committee