Operational expenses and unexpected legal liabilities can significantly impact the financial health of any organization.
The Center for State and Local Finance’s May course, Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement, will help you fine-tune your practices, so that your department, agency or public authority stays prepared for any challenges.
The course will focus on best practices in contracting and procurement, management of pension and post-employee benefit costs, and other process and legal strategies for risk management. Experts from the private sector, Georgia State University, and the state of Georgia will teach the course, bringing decades of experience in creatively managing risk and effectively leading procurement.
- McCall Ginsberg, deputy general counsel for the Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- Leon F. (Rocky) Joyner Jr., vice president/actuary with Segal Consulting
- Jan Pytelewski, manager of IT strategic sourcing for the Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- Harold (Hal) Weston, an associate professor of risk management and insurance at Georgia State University’s J. Mack College of Business
- Keith Brainard (pictured), research director for the National Association of State Retirement Administrators, will be a guest speaker.
→ Deadline: May 10
→ Class Dates: May 17-19
→ Tuition: $985 for public sector
Visit course webpage for information on the instructors, class topics and registration.